PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THESE NOTES AS THEY WILL HELP KEEP YOU SAFE ON THE DAY AND ENABLE YOU TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF THIS INFORMATION.
• Be a minimum of 16 years of age. There is no maximum age. This event is open to women only.
• Register on the day so we know you have arrived and can give you your race number. We recommend you arrive around 8.30am to give yourself time to register and take your bike to transition before the safety briefing. We try and process registrations as efficiently as possible, but there can be queues at peak times. The event starts at 10am.
• Take your bike to the Tai Tapu domain (allow 15 to 20 minutes for this) after you have registered. You can either ride your bike to the domain and walk back to the Playcentre start line, or drop it off by vehicle.
• Attend the event briefing at the Tai Tapu Playcentre at 9.30am (please don't be late).
• Let the organisers know if you have a medical condition before the race starts.
Transitioning from Walk/Run to Bike:
• The transition is at the Tai Tapu Domain (about 750m up the road from the Playcentre). This is where you will drop your bike prior to the briefing. A Marshall will guide you in the right direction.
• You may leave water, nutrition or other gear with your bike in the transition zone. A support person may be close by in the transition zone, however they cannot assist you during the actual transition. They may collect your belongings AFTER you have left transition and when the area is vacant. This is primarily to minimize the traffic within the busy transition zone and give competitors as much space as possible. Please follow the directions of the transition marshals at all times.
• Please make sure that your bike is in good working order and that you have a good fitting helmet. NO HELMET, NO RACE!
• All the roads will be open for public use, so normal road code rules need to be applied, even if that means putting a few seconds on your time when crossing the road. NEVER assume right of way.
• NO EARPHONES to be used by participants because of the danger of not hearing vehicles approaching.
• Bikes stay on the left, only crossing over at designated sites, as directed by a marshal.
• At all times follow instructions from the marshals.
• Course One walkers/runners stay off the road except when crossing at designated sites, as directed by a marshal. Course Two runners will be on roads without pavements and are advised to keep aware of traffic around them.
• There are no drink stations along the way so make sure you are well hydrated before you start. the Run will be on a combination of tarseal and gravel roads.
• Neither course is suitable for buggys.
• Children are welcome at this event, but a parent or caregiver still needs to be responsible for them. There are no dedicated child minders.
Please park in the Tai Tapu pub car park. This is halfway between the Playcentre and the transition area, off Old Tai Tapu Road. If this is full when you arrive please park on any of the side roads in Tai Tapu township. Do not park on Old Tai Tapu Road as we need to keep it clear for the safety of participants during the event.
• The event will go ahead if it is raining so please be prepared for any weather conditions.
• There are toilets at the Playcentre but no other changing facilities. So come dressed ready for action.
• Most important things to bring with you on the day: money for snacks after the event, a water bottle and your bike helmet.
• All entry fees, whether through entrant withdrawal and/or event cancellation, are strictly non-refundable.
• In extreme weather or force majeure the event may be cancelled at any time.
• The organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks race rules or brings the event into disrepute.
• Spot prizes will be awarded to named entrants shortly after the last competitor has finished the event (normally about midday).
• All entrants are eligible to win spot prizes.
• Entrants must be present at the prize giving to qualify for spot prizes.
We want you to have a great time, so:
• Arrive early (registration opens at 8.00am) so you can avoid queuing up to register and have plenty of time to get your bike down to transition before the start.
• Don't forget to bring water, and have a full bottle waiting at transition with your bike so you can grab a drink after your run. You should also bring some cash so you can grab a well-earned coffee or sausage after the race.
• Stick around after the race for our spot prize giveaway. There are always lots of prizes and you don't need to have won the event to be in with a chance of scoring big!
• Encourage your friends and familiy to enter, or come along and support you. It's amazing what a difference that can make on the day.